Homes by Email
Be the first to see new listings as soon as they hit the market!
1. An updated kitchen. Kitchens are critical. Today, people like a big kitchen with a lot of workspace.
They look for solid surface counters and high-quality flooring such as wood, laminate, tile or stone. They also want newer appliances in working order.
2. Modern bathrooms. Buyers are looking for master baths that give a little room to roam.
A big asset: spa or whirlpool tubs. We’re always entertained by the people who have them in the master bath and don't use them. But it's a big feature that buyers look for.
3. A well-appointed master suite. People are really excited about master suites
4. Natural materials. People like natural materials. Ceramic tile, hardwood floors, granite. We've gone back to a real appreciation for historically true materials. And simulated works as well. The look is very popular.
5. Curb appeal. A good first appearance on a home can add as much as 5 to 10 percent.
6. A light, airy spacious feel. People buy space and light.
7. Good windows. People are looking at exposures and windows
8. Landscaping. Mature trees are worth a fortune on resale.
And having outdoor spaces with touches such as pergolas and Victorian garden swings can be very helpful.
9. Lots of storage. Nothing beats an oversized garage, some attic space and plenty of closets. If you have a two car garage..
10 Basements lf it's dry, it's a plus. But it's a negative if it has water problems. Any kind of small seepage could spell trouble to a potential buyer.
Check out these articles for more information on comparing cost vs. value!
Design trends and staging tips to help you get your home sold faster and for more money.